Product Manager, Data Services
Product Manager, Data Services
Creating a single source of truth for all revenue data
US/CA Hiring Manager Vladi Shunturov ReqID: P118185 BD_Q4 FY22_0087550
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies-from the world's largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups-use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone's reach while doing the most important work of your career.
About the team
Stripe is working on making the global financial system programmable. This is one of the largest opportunities for impact in the history of computing, on par with the rise of modern operating systems. As part of this effort, it is important to not only help users programmatically move funds, but to help automate and scale revenue acquisition, revenue management, billing, revenue accounting, and revenue data organization and management. Customers need centralized visibility into what their growth drivers are and how to optimize the generation, collection, retention, recovery, accounting and analysis of revenue and overall financial health. Data Services is the backbone that ties all of this together by providing pathways for users to bring their data into Stripe, combine it with first-party sources, and generate reports and insights.
What you'll do
We are looking for a senior multifaceted product manager to help us make this possible through the Stripe Data Services product suite. This is a high-impact role which includes P&L ownership over our user-facing Data Services products (Stripe Sigma, Stripe Data Pipeline, Data Acquisition and the underlying revenue data platform) and requires heavy cross-product collaboration across Stripe's existing portfolio of Payments and Revenue and Financial Management products.
Giving our users the tools necessary to consolidate and organize their revenue data and to find and effectively communicate the growth narrative in their financial data can be the difference between a startup's ability to raise the next round of funding or not. As the Data Services Product Manager, you will focus on deeply understanding the needs of our users (from Startups to large global enterprises) and will lead the strategy, execution and revenue growth for our Data Services product suite. You will have the opportunity to create an opinionated revenue data mart and pair it with a data management and analytics experience, creating a product which excels where general purpose data warehouses and BI solutions fall short; - in empowering technical and non-technical business users alike without the need for a large upfront investment.
Because of Stripe's large user base and global reach, your work will impact millions of businesses all over the world, including many of the world's largest and fastest growing technology companies who depend on our existing reporting & analytics product suite (Stripe Sigma, Stripe Data Pipeline and Stripe Financial Reporting) to run their businesses. You will also have the opportunity to support internal customers and enable product teams like Stripe Payments, Stripe Billing, Stripe Issuing, Stripe Terminal and Stripe Capital to build and deliver compelling and actionable analytics experiences with minimal engineering investment.
- Be a well-rounded product leader - someone who has both excellent product design/UX sense, technical depth and strength in business, customer acquisition and revenue growth strategy
- Be a well-rounded and strategic product manager - someone who has both excellent product design/UX sense, strong technical sense, brings platform thinking and strategy to our products brings and can define and execute against the product ecosystem strategy
- Develop our multi-year vision, strategy and roadmap for Stripe Data Services in partnership with our Revenue & Financial Management leads
- Be accountable for product roadmaps, resource planning, and release cadence within your group
- Drive sales and product discussions with our most important users and partners to ensure that we achieve our targets
- Partner closely with engineering, design, data science, product marketing, customer and user-facing teams at Stripe to deliver great products to our customers
- Work directly with current and potential Stripe customers to understand their needs and how we can solve for them
- Lead initiatives to build 0 1 products and experiences while scaling existing products in market
- Drive product design and prioritization decisions for your team, as well as teams who partner closely on related experiences in the Stripe portfolio
Who you are
- 7+ years of experience in a product role leading products at scale with significant strategic scope
- 5+ years of experience working on data warehouse, database, analytics, BI or data services products
- Experience designing and building surprisingly good consumer-grade products in order to help modernize financial operations experiences
- Experience building and scaling enterprise-ready B2B products with a focus on data/analytics/reporting/BI
- Very strong technical skills e.g., ability to gain an in-depth understanding of software systems, solution and technical architecture and make meaningful contributions to high-stakes discussions on software architecture
- Obsession with product quality and an eye for design, specifically an intuition for good user flows and user experiences
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a talent for precise articulations of customer problems
- Determination to do whatever it takes to make your product and team successful
- Entrepreneurial experience and/or enjoys moving quickly on new, green-field products
- Empathy for the problems that businesses small and large face in their day-to-day operations, and a desire to solve those problems. You're able to win users' hearts by clearly illustrating the value that Stripe's products can unlock for them
- The drive to flourish with minimal guidance; you are proactive and thrive in uncertain and ambiguous environments
- Track record of owning business outcomes
Nice to have
- Familiarity with revenue, SaaS, billing, commerce and payments product domain
- Familiarity with ETL pipelines, data modeling, data ingestion, and fundamentals of data engineering
- Finance or accounting background or domain expertise